The Opus Group seeks an organized, experienced administrative professional to join our Indianapolis Design/Build team as a Project Management Assistant.
We’re changing the way people live and work by developing, designing, and constructing high-quality, state-of-the-art buildings, delivering on clients’ visions, and we can only do this with great people. Our culture and work environment allow our talented associates to grow and thrive. We are fast paced and focus on challenging work assignments, professional development and mentoring to ensure our team members continue to learn and grow.
Team members receive a comprehensive suite of benefits. Not only are we building significant, truly integrated design-build projects, but our teams also contribute to the community with the Opus Foundation® and support the environment with our sustainability initiatives. We also realize that you have a life outside of work – balance is important. We work hard but also have fun!
Working out of our Indianapolis office, the Project Management Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to assigned members of the Construction-Project Management group including document processing, recordkeeping, preparation and mailing of bid documents and shop drawings, information collection and reporting, and scheduling.
General Administrative Support
- Process correspondence, reports, and other routine construction and project management documents, including the creation and maintenance of spreadsheets.
- Organize and maintain records and recordkeeping systems and databases.
- Collect, organize, and present information in proper format for review and action by supervisor or others, as requested.
- Make transportation and lodging arrangements for business travel, as needed, and prepare and process expense reports for Project Managers, as requested.
- Perform copying and printing tasks or coordinate projects with reproduction services vendor.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
Proposal and Bid Process
- Assist with proposal preparation, submittals, RFI responses, and transmittals.
- Process shop drawings and blueprints.
- Track pending submittals both in process and due for submittal based on schedules established by Project Managers.
- Assist with preparation and tracking of bid documents.
- Contact subcontractors to determine interest in bidding and assist subcontractors with obtaining bid documents, project drawings, and specifications.
Contract and Document Maintenance
- Request, maintain, update, and track various subcontractor documents, including proof of insurance, licenses and permits.
- Add selected subcontractors to distribution lists and Internal Project Management (IPM) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System.
- Assemble, review and distribute all Subcontract Agreements and manage their return and final execution within 14 days of issuance, except where otherwise instructed.
Construction Process Administration
- Maintain updated drawing log in IPM.
- Receive, distribute and track information relative to riders, field bulletins, change orders (including potential change orders for each field bulletin and tracking receipt of pricing back from vendors and subcontractors), and closeout requests.
- Perform billing, payment application processing, and back-charge invoicing; notify Project Managers and Construction Superintendents of completion as required or requested.
- Coordinate project close-out to include collection and tracking of close-out materials and creation of manuals.
Field Site Assistance
- Coordinate new hire packets and document processing and assist with certified payroll process for government jobs.
- Attend various project meetings; take and distribute meeting minutes, if requested
- Order and maintain office supplies for site office/trailer.
- Plan site events.
- Log and file safety paperwork.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years’ administrative experience, preferably in a construction office environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including a pleasant telephone manner, excellent punctuation and grammar usage, and accurate spelling
- Courteous and effective interpersonal skills for interaction with a diverse group of co-workers, clients, vendors, and visitors
- Strong numerical aptitude
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent organization skills and ability to coordinate several activities simultaneously and under pressure
- Ability to lift and prepare for mailing construction plans weighing up to 25 lbs.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.