The Opus Group seeks an experienced Designer to join our Architecture team. We offer a flexible, family friendly work environment where you’ll receive a generous benefit package including immediate 401k match and help repaying your student loan.
We’re changing the way people live and work by developing, designing, and constructing high-quality, state-of-the-art buildings, delivering on clients’ visions, and we can only do this with great people. Our culture and work environment allow our talented associates to grow and thrive. We are fast paced and focus on challenging work assignments, professional development and mentoring to ensure our team members continue to learn and grow.
Not only are we building significant, truly integrated design-build projects, but our teams also contribute to the community with the Opus Foundation® and support the environment with our sustainability initiatives. We also realize that you have a life outside of work – balance is important. We work hard but also have fun!
Working out of our headquarters in Minnetonka, MN, the Designer has responsibility for developing master plan, site plan and building design concepts for complex projects in the commercial, multi-family, industrial, institutional and mixed-use sectors.
- Lead/participate as critical project team member in the feasibility study stage, including leadership in site analysis, code and zoning review, and density calculations
- Participate in the collaborative generation of ideas during the concept design phase
- Ability to actively manage schedule and fees
- Work directly with clients, consultants, city officials, and other professionals to advance the design concepts and gain appropriate approvals
- Coordinate/collaborate with project consultants including: civil engineering, landscape architects, structural engineers, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, etc.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Master’s degree and Architectural registration preferred
- 5-8 years of experience
- Sketchup, Photoshop, Revit, AutoCAD experience required
- VRay for Sketchup experience preferred
- LEED Accreditation a plus
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work directly with clients
- Strong organization skills and comfort level with a fast-paced environment
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.