Working out of our Phoenix, Arizona office, the director will be responsible for leading the design effort including creating & producing design solutions for the area book of business. Additionally, this candidate will be responsible for the management of architectural and engineering services supporting the regional real estate and construction clients.
Opus is changing the way people live and work by developing, designing, and constructing high-quality, state-of-the-art buildings, delivering on clients’ visions, and we can only do this with great people. Our culture and work environment allow our talented associates to grow and thrive. We are fast paced and focus on challenging work assignments, professional development and mentoring to ensure our team members continue to learn and grow. We also realize that you have a life outside of work – balance is important. We work hard but also have fun!
Not only are we building significant, truly integrated design-build projects, but our teams also contribute to the community with the Opus Foundation® and support the environment with our sustainability initiatives.
Design and Production
- Provide design lead, representing company through all project phases including:
- Programming and zoning analysis for potential development opportunities
- Site plan studies, conceptual test fits and building concept designs
- Technical review of contract documents as necessary to support project workflow
- Serve as Project Architect/Architect of Record on select projects
- Provide construction administration support to project architecture team as required.
- Work with headquarters on scheduling and budgeting on all projects
- Assemble project teams in support of individual project requirements
- Lead/assist in selection of local or specialty consultants
- Coordinate consideration/selection of consultants, manage contracts as required
- Participate in all value engineering efforts; seek solutions that maintain value while achieving proforma expectations
- Coordinate and/or communicate design decisions to insure all parties are informed of project details
- Advocate for sustainable design and LEED strategies
Sales and Marketing
- Take lead role in writing or editing design portions of RFQ/RFP responses
- Represent OAEG and the Opus Group as design lead for the region
- Take major role in Build to Suit sales opportunities, by participating in all initial build to suit sales calls
- Promote integrated design-build delivery system in outside sales calls and to outside consultants partnering on local projects
- Assist in identifying deal opportunities
Working with our Real Estate and Construction Clients
- Establish relationships, trust and communication protocol with real estate and construction/project management teams
- Manage design services working to provide the best value to the region
- Design leader, assisting client in establishing design goals as part of a design-build delivery system
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, architectural license plus fifteen (15) or more years’ experience in practice of architecture with a minimum of five (5) major projects ($5,000,000 or larger) as project designer or project architect
- Experience in design-build environment and LEED accreditation preferred
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to lead project teams where team member experience insufficient
- Position also requires strong managerial skills to mentor professional staff
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.