Adler Trust Company located in Sioux Falls, SD seeks an experienced Trust Accountant to join their team. Come join a family friendly, work environment where you’ll receive a generous benefit package including immediate 401k vesting.
Working out of the office in Sioux Falls, SD, the Trust Accountant is responsible for all facets of trust accounting including maintenance of accounting records, communication with internal and external personnel, preparation of reports, coordination and assistance with trust tax filings, cash management and keeping files organized and well maintained. In addition, position will involve GAAP accounting for trust company and facilitating external audit of Trust Company’s annual financial statements by third party accounting firm.
- Update trust records daily
- Preparation of principal and income statements
- Preparation of special reports as may be needed
- Opening and closing of trust account records
- Work with tax professionals to complete any required tax filings
- Manage relationship with local bank, overseeing transfers of funds, investment of cash balances, and transfers within accounts maintained by Trust Company
- Facilitate processing of account payables and coordinate payments as needed
- Assist in communicating information received from depository bank to investment managers at the Family Office
- Oversee compliance with bank requirements and satisfaction of bank documentation requests
Coordination of Activities with Family Office
- Communicate proactively with Family Office
- Review materials and information received from family office and help analyze impact on office generally, accounts under management, and help establish any necessary guidance
- Work in conjunction with investment managers to assure proper liquidity and/or investments of cash as may be determined by each trust under administration
- Maintain good working relationships with family office personnel including investment, tax, and administrative areas
Trust Company Financials
- Maintaining Financial Records of Trust Company
- Oversee Trust Company's account payables and accounts receivables
Assist with reporting to the Board of Directors
- Four year degree in accounting and five years of experience in a similar business or a CPA
- Prefer five, plus years’ experience in accounting field
- Ability to manage very sensitive and private information
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to work efficiently and independently
- Ability to be flexible and cover additional responsibilities of others from time to time and assist in general office management matters as situations may demand
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and customer relations skills
- Willing to provide tailored services as the situation may demand
- Some travel required
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
Interested candidates should contact Ann Hartmann at 605-357-7224
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.