The Opus Group seeks an experienced construction project manager with a design-build background to join our Milwaukee project management team.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay – just ask them. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers, every single day. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
Working out of our office in Milwaukee and supporting our Chicago office, the Project Manager is responsible for managing contract negotiations, and design and construction of complex projects, with the goal of completing quality projects on time and on budget. The Project Manager must be dedicated to client satisfaction, to maximizing the profitability of every project, and to enhancing the Company’s reputation through professionalism and fair dealing with others.
Business Development and Sales
- Plan and execute Opus development projects
- Procure, plan and execute development opportunities for 3rd parties such as corporate and higher education clients
- Promote and market construction services and products.
- Develop proposals for construction projects according to customer specifications.
- Follow up on proposals to close sale and secure client decision on project.
- Manage the development of specifications to meet client requirements for budget, schedule and quality.
- Manage the development of complete and accurate proposal and working drawings for projects.
Project Construction and Close-out
- Manage construction operations and ensure success of each project.
- Review margin projections, schedule, and quality assurance for assigned projects and prepare regular reports on project progress.
- Manage company-wide commitments on net lease projects.
- Maintain good customer and outside vendor relationships throughout project duration and beyond to enhance prospect of future projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related area
- Minimum of seven years’ construction-project management experience, preferably with majority of time spent on commercial or industrial buildings
- Extensive design-build and jobsite experience
- Minimum of five years’ business experience requiring knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and cost allocation procedures
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to work efficiently and independently
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and customer relations skills
- Previous supervisory experience with the ability to effectively lead, motivate and constructively challenge internal Company and external subcontractor teams
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.