The Opus Group seeks a Director of Real Estate Development with experience in the industrial marketplace to join our growing real estate team.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay – just ask them. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers, every single day. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
The Director, Real Estate Development will be responsible for assisting the commercial development team to support the industrial development and leasing efforts in the Chicago and Midwest market. You will be responsible for directing and coordinating the sourcing of opportunities and execution of strategies relative to the acquisition, development, leasing and marketing of industrial product pursued by the Company. This could be your opportunity to dive in and make a big impact for a well-established and growing company.
- Working with the Vice President & General Manager, assist with the creation and execution of the industrial development business strategy.
- Direct and coordinate the selection, negotiation, and purchase of land in support of development opportunities and in accordance with company policy and municipal or governmental regulations.
- Engage with the brokerage community, end user clients, community leaders and other stakeholders to develop concepts that create the right product for the market while providing financial solutions that generate successful results.
- Coordinate and monitor design, project management, and construction activities.
- Direct and coordinate the marketing and leasing of space within existing and proposed developments.
- Develop and nurture internal and external customer relationships.
- Maintain current market knowledge through assembly and analysis of relevant market data. Be aware of future trends likely to impact the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management or related field; or equivalent, relevant experience and knowledge
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in real estate development, finance, or brokerage business, or similar, with exposure to industrial project types and transaction structures
- Understanding of development process, capital markets, the design-build construction industry, and brokerage community and how these groups relate to one another
- Solid knowledge of statistics and financial analysis techniques as they apply to real estate projects, and strong working knowledge of financial transaction structures in lease, sale, and investment packaging
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiating and marketing skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.