The Opus Group is looking for an enthusiastic real estate or business student to join our growing St Louis real estate team as a Real Estate Intern.
At Opus, we build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay – just ask them. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers, every single day. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
The Real Estate Intern will be responsible for supporting commercial real estate development efforts, specifically senior housing developments, for all active Opus geographic markets. They will also partner with experienced real estate developers to learn and provide assistance with a variety of departmental activities, including market research, site selection review, design review, and development management. This could be your opportunity to jump in to the real estate industry, learn, and make an impact for a well-established and growing company.
- Gather, organize, analyze, and maintain senior housing market and industry data
- Recognize the competition, and identify their developments and what they offer in the marketplace
- Assist with the site selection process utilizing various analytical demographic and market tools to evaluate sites and sub-markets.
- Assist with the coordination and creation of senior housing developments including gathering necessary background data and information on potential development opportunities including maps, surveys, plans, photographs and demographics, coordinating collateral material for projects and implementing grand opening events for development projects.
- Learn from established, successful real estate development team members by attending internal meetings with design, construction and real estate associates, and external meetings with brokers, developers, city personnel and others.
- Student pursuing bachelor's degree in real estate, business, finance, or related field with completion of at least two years of post-secondary education
- Exposure to lending processes and institutions, the construction industry, and/or the brokerage community and how these groups relate to one another is highly desirable
- Familiarity with statistics with an ability to use them to choose between alternatives
- Ability to prioritize and organize time and responsibilities in order to fulfill primary goals and coordinate numerous details that accompany each project
- Personal qualities of persistence, diplomacy and initiative
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Solid computer skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.