The Opus Group seeks a Senior Accountant to join our team.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay – just ask them. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers, every single day. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
Working out of our Rosemont, IL, office the Senior Accountant will responsible for accounting related to various real estate development projects and real estate joint ventures. In addition, various aspects of real estate and general accounting within prescribed deadlines. This also includes supporting the Real Estate team and assisting the Accounting management team with special projects.
Joint Venture Accounting
- Review joint venture agreements
- Set up bank accounts
- Request set up of new entities in accounting system
- Prepare journal entries
- Review, analyze and reconcile accounts for monthly close
- Create ad hoc reports for the joint venture partners and Real Estate team when requested
- Prepare monthly financial statement packages for distribution to joint venture partners
- Assist with annual audit of joint ventures
- Provide joint venture information to tax group for annual estimates and tax returns
- Serve as primary accounting contact for joint venture partner
- Update compliance status schedule and files
- Ensure proper tracking and filing of required compliance reports for Opus Development Company, L.L.C. and related entities as needed
- Apply accounting methodology consistent with GAAP and in accordance with The Opus Group policies
- Assist with annual audit and tax work papers as assigned
- Perform various special projects, as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting with CPA. Two years of accounting experience. Experience in real estate related accounting preferred.
- Working familiarity with Oracle JD Edwards Enterprise One is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to function as an integral team member, working under time constraints and meeting deadlines in a changing environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran or disability status.