The Opus Group seeks a Project Accountant to our growing team. We offer a flexible, family friendly work environment where you’ll receive a generous benefit package including immediate 401k match and help repaying your student loan.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay – just ask them. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers, every single day. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
Working out of our Minnetonka, MN, office the Project Accountant is responsible for completing general accounting tasks within prescribed deadlines. Specifically this includes Project Management team support from inception through completion of each assigned project, Subcontractor Qualification analysis, and application of general ledger accounting methodology and analysis, and other various projects.
Support Project Management teams during the project life cycle
- Complete quarter-end analysis of margin reviews, incurred costs, percent complete and review revenue recognition reports
- Ensure projects are closed out in a timely manner and in accordance with closing procedures
- Review monthly project cash flow, assist in preparing project billings, and compiling support for owner funding
- Approve subcontractors requests for payments for assigned projects
- Create ad hoc reports for the Project Management teams upon requests
- Provide support for reviewing non-complying and expiring insurance certificates
- Review and analyze owner contracts
- Ensure approved procedures are followed on assigned projects
Subcontractor Qualification Analysis
- Review financial statements provided through the subcontractors qualification process
- Analyze liquidity, leverage and operating results with the support from the Senior Financial Analyst
- Communicate a financial subcontractor qualification recommendation to the Project Management team
General Ledger Accounting and Analysis
- Apply accounting methodology consistent with GAAP and in accordance with The Opus Group policies
- Prepare journal entries for various operating companies
- Review, analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Assist in preparation of annual audit and tax workpapers
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in accounting a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience in construction-related job cost accounting preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to function as an integral team member, working under time constraints and meeting deadlines in a changing environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran or disability status.