The Opus Group seeks an Human Resources Administrative Assistant to join our talented human resources team.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay – just ask them. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers, every single day. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
Working out of our headquarters office in Minnetonka, MN, the Human Resources (HR) Administrative Assistant will be responsible for performing a variety of human resources support duties in the day-to-day operation of the human resources department. Duties will include handling a variety of personnel related administrative tasks while providing clerical support to the HR department and associates regarding human resources and learning & development related activities, policies, processes, and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
HR Department Administrative Support
- Provides administrative support to the HR function as needed (i.e. office supply orders, correspondence generation/distribution, calendar management, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry, meeting arrangements, org chart updates, etc.).
- Maintains personnel and other files in compliance with applicable legal requirements and updates files as needed.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring process, including managing advertisements, reviewing resumes, coordinating interviews, drafting offer letters, conducting background checks and arranging pre-employment drug tests.
- Respond to requests for employment or wage verification and coordinate with Payroll and Risk departments as necessary for specific requests.
- Prepare for and conduct new hire orientations for all associates.
- Process and enter all new hire, employment change and separation paperwork.
- Administer flower, gift and recognition programs.
- Develop and maintain documentation for HR department processes.
- Ensure all mandatory state & federal posters are current in each office.
- Coordinate department and office events as assigned.
- Perform other duties and assist in special projects as required.
Learning & Development (L&D) Support
- Manage the day-to-day administration of the Learning Management System (LMS):
- Upload and deploy courses
- User/learner system management and support including timely issue resolution, ensuring accuracy of LMS content, running reports, etc.
- Coordinate system enhancements, customizations, and system upgrades
- Provide training to new associates on system use
- Create job aids, and other training collateral to effectively document LMS processes and procedures
- Administer online learning content for LinkedIn Learning, DiSC and FranklinCovey All Access Pass:
- Manage licenses, use, and access to online content
- Run reports as requested for online learning content usage
- Provide administrative support to L&D Committee and internal training facilitators including:
- Attend L&D Committee meetings, take meeting minutes and distribute to attendees
- Coordinate training sessions including room reservations, materials preparation and distribution, room preparations, and other facilitator needs as requested.
- Assist training facilitators with using training room technology
- Edit training videos and post to Opus Experience page on Onet/Associate Center
- Administer Opus Experience content on Onet/Associate Center
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years of HR experience required
- Experience working in an administrative support capacity or within a training department preferred
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with HRIS and/or LMS required
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, problem solving and organization skills
- Self-starter that possess a strong desire to seek optimal solutions and share discoveries with colleagues
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Detail oriented, accurate and thorough and able to independently prioritize assignments
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities