As part of our college recruitment program, The Opus Group is looking to hire a college graduate to join our team in the role of Associate Project Manager. You will be responsible for assisting the project management team with large, complex and high profile commercial projects. This is an entry level position with the opportunity to put your engineering degree to the test while gaining practical experience in a variety of design and construction tasks.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay – just ask them. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers, every single day. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
- Project Pursuit
- Participate in select client sales meetings.
- Prepare conceptual and detailed estimates.
- Participate in owner contract negotiations.
- Participate in proposal writing process.
- Pre-Construction Production
- Assist with and/or manage the design aspects of assigned projects, ensuring budget, schedule, quality, and customer satisfaction criteria are met.
- Monitor the preparation of proposal and working drawings for assigned project.
- Review construction and shop drawings.
- Assist with writing specifications.
- Construction Management
- Assist with and/or manage the construction and close-out of assigned projects, ensuring budget, schedule, quality, and customer satisfaction criteria are met.
- Review drawings, budgets, schedules, and other project-related matters with job site superintendent.
- Confer with supervisor while reviewing schedule, cost, and sales decisions when necessary.
- Share job cost responsibility through monitoring budgets and schedules, resolving problems, and reporting cost projections to supervisor on a monthly or more frequent basis.
- Negotiate owner change orders.
- Assist with negotiating, writing, and approving subcontracts and change orders.
- Work with governmental agencies to aid project success or resolve job problems as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Structural, Civil or Construction), Architecture, Construction Management or related field
- Prior construction-project management related experience, preferably with some time spent on a commercial construction jobsite
- Knowledge of basic accounting, budgeting, and cost allocation procedures
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to work efficiently and independently
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work productively with others, lead projects, use available resources effectively, establish priorities, and demonstrate progress toward acquiring Project Manager skills and abilities.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.