The Opus Group seeks a Director of Real Estate Development to join our Minneapolis Real Estate Development team.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay – just ask them. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers, every single day. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
Working out of our Corporate office in Minnetonka, MN the Director of Real Estate Development will be responsible for directing and coordinating the sourcing of opportunities and execution of strategies relative to the acquisition, development, leasing and marketing of multiple product types pursued by the Company. Transactions include net lease buildings, speculative buildings, and basic sales transactions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the creation of real estate development and acquisition business strategy, providing input relative to area(s) of product-type expertise, and implement strategy accordingly.
- Direct and coordinate the selection, negotiation, and purchasing of land in accordance with company policy and municipal or governmental regulations.
Perform appropriate market, site feasibility, and end use analyses, and select sites based on potential profit to company and suitability to business goals.
Coordinate due diligence and financial pro-forma modeling and analysis collaborating with Opus Design Build and Opus AE Group team members.
Analyze financing structures and negotiate sale contracts.
Obtain necessary municipal use permits and approvals.
Work with and negotiate with brokers, clients, communities and other stakeholders to create the right product for the market while providing financial solutions that generate successful results and maximize profitability.
Coordinate and monitor design, project management and construction activities, including project schedules and budgets, and regularly visit project site.
Direct and coordinate the lease and sale of space within existing and proposed developments.
Initiate contact with prospective tenants and purchasers.
Coordinate and conduct showings with potential tenants and purchasers.
Direct and manage broker relationships.
Compose and submit letters of intent and lease agreement proposals.
Conduct mailings and perform follow-up calls
Proactively seek and contact potential tenants, build-to-suit clients, and other end-users.
Field phone calls from brokers and potential space users and provide pertinent space availability information on development and acquisition opportunities pursued by the Company.
Provide input relative to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of Company marketing materials for development projects consistent with established standards.
Direct and coordinate analysis, deal structuring and packaging of build-to-suit proposals and responses to Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
Assist with design of specific materials for new developments, including signage, brochures, ads, and fliers.
Maintain current market knowledge through assembly and analyses of market data and anticipate future trends likely to affect the organization.
Develop and nurture internal and external customer relationships through effective, timely and professional communication.
Participate in professional real estate, development, and related organizations as appropriate.
May supervise and/or provide work direction to Senior Real Estate Managers, Real Estate Managers, Real Estate Representatives, and/or Real Estate Interns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management or related field; or equivalent, relevant experience and knowledge
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in real estate development, finance, or brokerage business, or similar, with exposure to a variety of project types and transaction structures
- Licensing as real estate salesperson/broker
- Understanding of lending institutions, design-build construction industry, and brokerage community and how these groups relate to one another
- Solid knowledge of statistics and financial analysis techniques as they apply to real estate projects, and strong working knowledge of financial transaction structures in lease, sale, and investment packaging
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiating and marketing skills
- Should have personal qualities of persistence, diplomacy, and organization
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran or disability status.