Planning and Scheduling
- Understand various construction disciplines; Architecture; Civil, Structural, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering; and Project Management.
- Study contract drawings, shop drawings, specifications and quality assurance programs to fully understand design criteria for construction purposes; provide critique and recommendations regarding design details to ensure build-ability of project.
- Contribute to the establishment of controlling budgets and scheduling of construction activities during pre-construction meetings.
- Assist with ensuring that appropriate building permits are obtained
- Participates in review and interpretation of plans and specifications and assures conformance by various trades and subcontractors.
- Assist with the development and tracking of short interval and production schedules.
- Assist with the identification and resolution of schedule and resource conflicts.
- Perform periodic review of the submittal log to verify conformance & expedite deliveries.
- Participate in progress meetings & weekly subcontractor meetings.
- Complete and process requisite paperwork correctly and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to use computer with MS Office and other applications.
- Post plan changes and field bulletins and disseminate in a timely manner.
- Maintain project files in a neat and logical manner.
- Assists with compilation of as-built drawings and close-out documentation.
- Understand budget and assist with proper job and cost coding.
- Assist with coordination and supervision of various trades, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Maintain rapport with all the team members, demonstrating leadership and teambuilding abilities and good judgment.
- Maintain productive working relationships with subcontractors.
- Conduct daily review of means and methods of various trades and subcontractors.
- Comply with all Opus company policies and procedures.
- Monitor, enforce, and maintain job safety for construction project.
- Monitor subcontractors to ensure no one is allowed onsite without an Opus signed contract, insurance, and a safety plan.
- Participate in regular jobsite safety meetings and maintain proper records and reports.
- Participate in the identification and mitigation of potential safety hazards as work progresses.
- Assist with completion of safety surveys and checklists as required.
- Monitor construction activities and ensure corrective action is taken as necessary to ensure quality standards are met.
- Assist with ensuring construction of the project conforms to plans and specifications, and project meets or exceeds the owner’s/tenant’s expectations.
- Effectively communicate observations and problems, and make recommendations.
- Assist with enforcement of all national and/or local building codes and inspection requirements.
- Interact with specialty inspectors and/or consultants during site inspections.
- High School diploma or equivalent, with additional construction-related courses of a vocational or technical nature helpful
- Three to five years’ experience in the construction of large commercial and industrial buildings; carpentry background helpful
- Computer skills with the ability to do CPM scheduling and planning.
- Familiarity with the design/build process and ability to coordinate many people and activities involved in construction according to plan and design intent.