The Opus Group seeks an experienced Senior Accountant to join our growing team!!
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay – just ask them. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers, every single day. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
Working out of our Rosemont, IL office, the Senior Accountant is responsible for accounting related to various real estate development projects and real estate joint ventures as well as various aspects of general accounting within prescribed deadlines.
- Review joint venture agreements and request set up of entities in accounting system
- Prepare journal entries, review, analyze and reconcile accounts for monthly close
- Prepare monthly financial statement packages for distribution to joint venture partners
- Assist with general accounting responsibilities company as assigned
- Apply accounting methodology consistent with GAAP and in accordance with The Opus Group policies
- Serve as primary accounting contact for joint venture partner
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting with CPA; two years’ accounting experience; real estate or construction related accounting experience preferred
- Working familiarity with Oracle JD Edwards Enterprise One is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to function as an integral team member, working under time constraints and meeting deadlines in a changing environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.