The Opus Group seeks a Real Estate Sales & Finance Associate to join our talented Chicago team.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay – just ask them. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers, every single day. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
Working out of our Chicago office in Rosemont, IL, the Real Estate Sales & Finance Associate will be responsible for reporting construction and leasing updates to lenders and assisting with securing debt for development projects; selling completed projects; analyzing various financing alternatives and disposition strategies; and directing the overall effort to close transactions. All actions will be performed in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of the Company’s vision, values and strategic plan.
- Assist in identification and maintenance of relationships with debt and equity capital providers.
- Assist in identification and maintenance of relationships with the investment sales community, including brokers, REITs, pension funds, private funds, advisors, and the like.
- Partner with internal development team to identify support and partnerships for projects as needed.
Business and Investment Analysis
- Interface with real estate, construction, and asset management functions to gather data for financial modeling and lender reporting.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of real estate cash flow projections and valuations.
- Analyze various real estate financing alternatives.
- Analyze buyer and lender interest for proposed developments.
- Analyze property position relative to lease negotiation or sales strategy.
- Analyze and assist in preparing exit strategy recommendations.
Sales & Marketing
- Assist with selection of Purchasers/Lenders which best meet Opus’s overall objectives.
- Develop and market debt and disposition quotes and offerings.
- Work with all departments to collect marketing information for debt and investment sale packages, and oversee the preparation and completion of packages.
- Develop lease abstracts, property and site descriptions, and market and economic performance summaries for investment packages.
- Coordinate collection and delivery of all information needed by all parties to successfully meet closing dates.
- Prepare and review closing statements for completeness and accuracy, as directed.
- Assist with management of post-closing matters, such as master leases, earn-outs and escrow funds.
- Stay abreast of current financial trends relative to the organization’s products, services, and practices.
- Develop in-depth market knowledge of areas where Company properties are located.
- Assist other functions with analyses of complex sales and finance situations.
- May manage or provide work direction regarding due diligence items to other support personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management or related field; or equivalent, relevant experience and knowledge - MBA Preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in commercial real estate finance
- Well versed in the due diligence process, typical to a financing or sale transaction
- Ability to establish strong, long-term, productive internal and external working relationships
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; including presentation skills
- Strong computer skills, with thorough knowledge of MS Excel and/or other financial software packages
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time
- Strong sense of personal motivation and responsibility
- Able to function both in a team-oriented setting and independently
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran or disability status.