The Opus Group seeks a Payroll Specialist to join our Finance team.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay – just ask them. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers, every single day. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
Working out of our Minnetonka headquarters, the Payroll Specialist is responsible for assisting with the weekly and biweekly payroll process, payroll tax filing, year end payroll balancing and W-2 reporting.
- Assists with the preparation and processing of in-house bi-weekly and union weekly payroll
- Process on-demand and final payments upon termination of employment
- Collect and process per diem payments, parking reimbursements, and mobile device hardware allowance and monthly stipends
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing data; running ad-hoc reports for analysis and reconciliation
- Initiate or respond to verbal and/or written communications with associates regarding paychecks, deductions, taxes and earnings, or other payroll related information
- Obtains proper or required withholding forms from associates and various federal, state and local jurisdictions
- Assists with quarterly and annual payroll tax reconciliation and payment remittance as well as W2 processing
- Ensures proper tax withholding set up on associate records
- Associates degree in Accounting or related field
- Fundamental Payroll Professional (FPP) preferred
- Minimum of 1 year corporate in house payroll production and processing experience
- Minimum of 1 years multi state in-house tax reporting
- Oracle JD Edwards experience is desired
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently under pressure, meet deadlines, makes timely decisions, and maintain confidential information appropriately
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, with thorough knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skill
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.