The Opus Group seeks a Real Estate Representative to join our talented Minneapolis team.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay – just ask them. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers, every single day. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
Working out of our Minneapolis office in Minnetonka, MN the Real Estate Representative will be responsible for supporting commercial real estate development efforts. Specific duties include gathering and organizing market data, developing alternative product scenarios within predetermined financial parameters, coordinating and overseeing the creation of the product, and negotiating the sale or lease with the broker or client.
- Gather, organize, analyze, and maintain market and industry data.
- Develop a thorough and systematic knowledge of the industrial and commercial markets, including existing product and land values.
- Recognize the competition, and identify their developments and associated market prices and building specifications.
- Organize and continually update files containing market information pertinent to project responsibilities.
- Establish contact and regularly interface with key people (i.e., brokers, other developers, etc.).
- Develop alternative product scenarios within predetermined financial parameters.
- Assist with the coordination and creation of real estate projects.
- Monitor the construction of projects and manage the completion of all critical tasks, including municipal approvals, design, construction, etc.
- Maintain daily contact with construction, administration, design, and real estate staff to effectively coordinate completion of real estate project.
- Make presentations to community and public agencies to secure requisite permits and approvals
- Provide general administration of real estate actions and organize files that document all transactions and decisions.
- Assist supervisor with lease negotiations of speculative real estate projects with brokers or clients.
- Prepare proforma budgets, lease-up schedules, and cash flow analyses on a project by project basis.
- Coordinate preparation of lease agreements with legal personnel.
- Review lease agreements with broker or client and assist legal personnel and supervisor with lease negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management or related field; or equivalent, relevant experience and knowledge
- 1 – 3 years of experience in commercial real estate development, finance or brokerage business preferred
- Basic understanding of lending institutions, construction industry, and brokerage community and how these groups relate to one another
- Familiarity with statistics and ability to use them to choose between alternatives
- Ability to prioritize time and responsibilities in order to fulfill primary goals and complete numerous details that accompany each project
- Should have personal qualities of persistence, diplomacy, and organization
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Solid computer skills and familiarity with database software
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran or disability status.