The Opus Group seeks an Accountant to join our growing Finance team.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay – just ask them. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers, every single day. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
Working out of our Rosemont, IL office, the Accountant position is responsible for the general ledger accounting related to various aspects of our real estate company, this also includes supporting the Real Estate team and assisting the Accounting management team with special projects.
- Review cash activity in multiple cash accounts via online bank access and record daily in cash worksheet. Prepare entries and enter cash transactions in accounting system daily. Initiate wires via online banking as needed; ensuring required documentation and approvals exist prior to wire initiation.
- Assist in process of opening and closing bank accounts by reviewing documents, gathering signatures and ensuring accounts have appropriate online access and capabilities.
- Analyze activity in property general ledger accounts, enter changes into Fixed Asset System (FAS) and prepare monthly Real Estate Depreciation journal entry.
- Analyze activity in asset general ledger accounts, enter changes into FAS and prepare monthly Operating Asset Depreciation journal entry.
- Review prepaid insurance account activity in general ledger, compare to list of policies and prepare monthly Insurance Amortization journal entry.
- Review prepaid other account activity, analyze and update amortization schedule and prepare monthly Prepaid Amortization journal entry.
- Prepare monthly reports monitoring Pursuit Costs and communicate with developers; review pursuit status and make adjustments as necessary; prepare related quarterly board book report.
- Analyze real estate tax bills and determine appropriate monthly accrual amount. Prepare monthly journal entry to accrued Real Estate Taxes, update tracking schedule and ensure taxes are paid timely.
- Calculate capitalized interest, update schedule and prepare monthly Capitalized Interest journal entry.
- Gather escrow bank statements from title companies for escrow balances, reconcile balances to earnest money on pursuit schedule and prepare quarterly journal entry to record interest on escrow balances.
- Prepare various schedules for quarterly reporting.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting with two years’ accounting experience. Experience in real estate or construction related accounting preferred.
Working familiarity with Oracle JD Edwards Enterprise One is preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to function as an integral team member, working under time constraints and meeting deadlines in a changing environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities.
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.