As part of our college recruiting program for 2021, The Opus Group seeks current engineering students for co-op/internship opportunities as a Project Intern with our project management team. Project Interns assist project managers in the management of design and construction activities. These positions gain practical learning experience in a variety of design and construction tasks.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay – just ask them. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers, every single day. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
As a Project Intern, your key responsibility will be to learn and get the experience that will be key to your success in your future construction career. During your internship or co-op, you'll have exposure to the following areas of project management:
- Project Pursuit
- Participate in select client sales meetings.
- Prepare conceptual and detailed estimates.
- Participate in owner contract negotiations.
- Participate in proposal writing process.
- Pre-Construction Production
- Assist with and/or manage the design aspects of assigned projects, ensuring budget, schedule, quality, and customer satisfaction criteria are met.
- Monitor the preparation of proposal and working drawings for assigned project.
- Review construction and shop drawings.
- Assist with writing specifications.
- Construction Management
- Assist with the construction and close-out of assigned projects, ensuring budget, schedule, quality, and customer satisfaction criteria are met.
- Review drawings, budgets, schedules, and other project-related matters with job site superintendent.
- Confer with supervisor while reviewing schedule, cost, and sales decisions when necessary.
- Share job cost responsibility through monitoring budgets and schedules, resolving problems, and reporting cost projections to supervisor on a monthly or more frequent basis.
- Assist with negotiating, writing, and approving subcontracts and change orders.
- Work with governmental agencies to aid project success or resolve job problems as needed.
- Current Student Enrolled and Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction or Civil
Grade point averages of ‘B’ or better are preferred
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to work efficiently and independently
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work productively with others, lead projects, use available resources effectively, establish priorities, and demonstrate progress toward acquiring Project Manager skills and abilities.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran or disability status.