The Opus Group seeks a Field Engineer to join our talented Denver team.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
Working out of our Denver, CO office, the Field Engineer will work with Project Managers and Superintendents on our construction projects by providing on-site estimating, safety management, material procurement, project documentation, scheduling, problem-solving and other construction related activities as assigned.
- Check local requirements or ordinances for field site conditions as directed by supervisor.
- Perform weekly field site safety inspections to ensure that site conforms to local, OSHA and company safety standards and requirements; report difficulties that arise to the Project Manager or Superintendent.
- Develop, schedule and present regular toolbox safety talks.
- Obtain signed acknowledgment forms from employees relating to the company safety policy, and save forms in designated electronic file storage location.
- Establish and maintain field site filing systems for all standard files, testing reports and results, etc.
- Assist with time entry for field site employees and ensure time is properly reported to the Payroll Department.
- Prepare progress reports that contain labor hours and in-place quantities.
- Establish and maintain daily field reports and review with Superintendent.
- Direct field reports and quantity reports for job cost control to the appropriate location on a weekly basis or as directed.
Subcontractor and Supplier Interface
- Initiate or participate in subcontractor and supplier delivery date scheduling and information gathering.
- Monitor jobsite for company or subcontractor problems; assist with problem resolution, including analyzing and presenting alternative solutions for discussion and/or action.
- Negotiate, write, and initial purchase orders for Superintendent's signature.
- Sign purchase orders with subcontractors and suppliers, as specifically assigned.
- Review subcontractor and/or supplier applications for payment and forward to Project Manager(s) for authorization.
- Gather information for owner change orders and review back-up for subcontractor change requests under Superintendent's direction.
Quality Assurance Support
- Perform regular review of plans, specs, and shop drawings as directed to ensure quality, timeliness and adherence to budget.
- Monitor activities of testing firm(s) to ensure testing and inspection activities are completed and reported on a timely basis.
- Ensure punch list completion.
General Field Support
- Inform Superintendent of the state of all responsibilities regularly.
- Fill in during Superintendent’s absence from field site as requested.
- Handle phone calls; deliver mail, and transport materials and equipment as directed by Superintendent.
- Perform other duties according to field site demands and as Superintendent and/or other company personnel request or direct.
- Three to five years’ construction experience, preferably with majority of time spent on commercial or industrial building projects
- Education in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related area – Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Design-build experience helpful
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to work productively as part of a group as well as independently
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran or disability status.