The Opus Group seeks an experienced Senior Designer to join our Architecture team.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay – just ask them. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers, every single day. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
Working out of our headquarters in Minnetonka, MN, the Senior Designer has responsibility for developing design concepts for all assigned projects with all degrees of complexity and completing all conceptual design, space planning, color coordination, finish material selection, visual presentations and design development documents through the proper use of staff and other resources.
Analysis of Site and Design Alternatives
- Develop zoning ordinance design criteria that comply with governmental regulations, noting any variances that may be required.
- Assemble current, necessary and available data to investigate the proposed site in terms of size; topography; vegetation; water; solar, compass and wind orientation; utilities; drainage patterns; easements; vistas; adjoining property; noise sources; soils; flood plain; transportation; access and expansion.
- Analyze site for physical constraints and opportunities.
- Analyze and identify site for suitability to defined program and design criteria.
- Analyze interior building functions, their interrelationships and their relation to overall building and site configurations.
- Develop schematic alternatives that demonstrate solutions to the project program and architectural criteria.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of necessary materials to graphically illustrate and document design proposals.
Design Development and Review
- Prepare, initiate and decide the color, type and texture of various finishes that are employed in a project.
- Work with project manager and design team to develop alternative systems, materials and details for each project.
- Develop material selections and assist the project manager with unique specification aspects on assigned projects.
- Maintain responsibility for suitability of materials, details, functional layout and buildability for each assigned project.
- Review plans, specifications and drawings of all disciplines for conformance with design intent.
- Review documents with project coordinator for most efficient transposition from proposal documentation to contract documentation.
- Assist project manager, field and design staff in resolving field questions or construction problems and notify supervisor of concerns relating to problems of conformance with design intent.
- Coordinate with other disciplines and consultants to integrate all building systems and relate to budget feasibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture plus minimum 10 years in a design role; preferably with Multifamily housing, senior housing, and student housing project experience; less critical but also desirable are industrial, office, and higher education project experience
- Ability to work effectively in Revit, Sketch-Up, V-ray and other software to depict projects in 3D. Lumion, Enscape and 3DS Max software knowledge preferred, but not required.
- Good team facilitation and collaboration skills
- Strong presenter with good communication skills and the ability to win design acceptance with clients and other stakeholders
- Work well with consultant teams and provide direction that is compatible with project goals
Please send your resume and work samples/portfolio (or link to portfolio) to email@example.com. Only applications with work samples/portfolio will be eligible for consideration.
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.