The Opus Group seeks a Receptionist to join our talented Minneapolis team.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it is why our associates come here, and why they stay. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers. At Opus, you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. Our award winning teams are united by one mission and are driven to deliver impactful results.
Working at Opus’ headquarters office in Minnetonka, MN, the Receptionist will be the first point of contact in providing exceptional customer service with a smile and sense of humor. The Receptionist will greet clients, visitors, and associates with a cheerful, professional, helpful tone and take pride in maintaining a reception area that is orderly and welcoming. All actions to be performed in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of the Company’s vision, values and strategic plan.
- Convey a warm, friendly, professional, helpful first impression of The Opus Group to clients, visitors and service personnel.
- Operate a Voice over IP telephone in a prompt, pleasant, and efficient manner, taking and relaying accurate information.
- Retrieve and forward voice mail messages to appropriate parties each morning from the corporate mailbox.
- Handle courier and delivery calls, accept or direct incoming deliveries to proper area.
- Ensure a clean and professional appearance of lobby area.
- Maintain up-to-date internal associate lists and front desk manual.
- Train back-up personnel on all aspects of telephone system and related duties.
- Coordinate activities with back-up personnel to ensure continuity of workflow and information at reception area.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the guest log and reception area.
- Sort mail and packages for multi-company building.
- Assist with special projects or events as requested.
- Provide administrative support and project work to the Facilities team and other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent relevant experience and knowledge
- Three years’ office reception and general administrative experience preferred
- Ability to work 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday with an anticipated 35-40 hours per week schedule
- A strong desire to serve and communicate with the public
- Punctual and dependable
- Experience and knowledge of a VoIP phone system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Dedication to a high level of accuracy
- Professional appearance and demeanor, with a positive and pleasant personality
- Sound reasoning and good judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Courteous and effective interpersonal skills for interaction with a diverse group of clients, vendors, and visitors
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran or disability status.
Interested parties should apply on our website at