The Opus Group seeks a Project Captain to join our talented Engineering team.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it is why our associates come here, and why they stay. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers. At Opus, you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. Our award winning teams are united by one mission and are driven to deliver impactful results.
Working out of our headquarters in Minnetonka, MN, the Project Captain will be responsible for the preparation of structural drawings on projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Perform CAD drafting on projects of moderate to high complexity with minimal supervision.
- Assist department manager & technical coordinator with development of standards.
- Adhere to Company CAD standards and structural drafting standards.
- Adhere to required timeframes and allotted budgets.
- Review and process shop drawings on assigned projects.
- May perform site visits on assigned projects as required.
- Supervise and direct the work of engineering technicians and assist department manager as requested.
- Assist technicians and engineers with maintenance of job-related files.
- Assist with initiating, recommending and developing methods, technologies and ideas to improve projects.
- Investigate and make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
- Be familiar with different building types and construction materials to augment skills in plan and detail development on assigned projects.
- Associate’s degree or two-year vocational/technical certificate in architectural or structural CAD drafting
- Minimum of 8 years of applicable experience
- Knowledgeable of Revit and application of its tools; Capable of modeling structures within Revit and ability to assemble structural documents
- Strong understanding of building structures and construction practices
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B)
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran or disability status.