The Opus Group seeks a Helpdesk Specialist to join our talented corporate IT team for a short term project.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it’s why our associates come here, and why they stay. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
Working out of our corporate office in Minnetonka, MN, the Helpdesk Specialist is primarily responsible for the effective problem identification, analysis and resolution of computer-related issues. Additional duties include desktop application installations and upgrades, and hardware and software evaluations. A key component of this position is to provide quality customer service.
The salary range for this position is between $15.00-18.00 per hour, based on experience and qualifications.
Help Desk Support
- Perform PC builds and testing for all users.
- Perform hardware additions, moves, upgrades, and other changes.
- Respond to IT Help Desk emails and phone calls within a timely manner as outlined in the IT Service Level Agreement.
- Provide desktop and desktop peripheral support services and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot desktop and other technical equipment issues, including problem identification, solution, and/or handing off to more experienced IT support individuals, as warranted.
- Assist with training users on the efficient use of the operating system and job-related software.
- Maintain a very high degree of customer service for all support issues.
- Coordinate timely repair of computers covered by a third party (Dell).
- Document fixes and completed requests in our online ticketing system.
Additional IT Support
- Assist other IT members when needed.
- Perform special projects and miscellaneous duties as requested and as time permits.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Desire to develop an understanding of information technology infrastructure and desktop tools
- Strong detail orientation and demonstrated ability to successfully complete tasks
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to focus and work productively within a team in an environment that can constantly change
- Effective multitasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to provide customers with outstanding customer care and service at all times
- Strong computer skills, including experience with application installations, desktop hardware and operating systems
- Basic knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to communicate problems with supervisor effectively
- Knowledge of computer logic in order to understand and explain technical issues
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B).
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.