The Opus Group seeks a Senior Project Manager to join our St. Louis team.
We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us – it is why our associates come here, and why they stay. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers. At Opus, you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. Our award winning teams are united by one mission and are driven to deliver impactful results.
We value our associates and the time they spend building more with us. We offer a comprehensive suite of benefits aimed at supporting them in and out of the workplace, including:
- healthcare, dental and vision coverage
- a 401(k) plan and immediate company match
- a student loan payback program
- paid time off
- paid holidays
- birthday holiday
- community time off
- caregiver leave
- tuition reimbursement
- paid licensures and professional memberships
Working out of our St. Louis, MO office, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing the marketing and sales effort, negotiating constracts, and leading the design and construction of complex projects. Our Senior Project Managers are dedicated to client satisfaction, and maximizing the profitability of every project.
The salary range for this position is between $102,000 and $153,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
Business Development and Sales
- Promote and market construction services and products to generate new and add-on business.
- Develop and maintain client, broker, and vendor contacts to generate new and repeat business.
- Assist Development team with sales of large or complicated projects and primary companies in the marketing plan.
- Prepare cost estimates and/or direct others in preparing cost estimates, and have them reviewed by manager.
- Manage the development of specifications to meet client requirements for safety, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Manage the development of complete and accurate proposal and working drawings for projects.
Project Construction and Close-out
- Review margin projections, schedule, and quality assurance for assigned project and those of subordinates monthly.
- Prepare reports of project margin projections and reasons for deviations from goals to Vice President on specified schedule.
- Identify critical activities and ensure they are monitored diligently and visit “off-site” facilities, as necessary, to guarantee timely installation and incorporation of materials into the project.
- Maintain good customer and outside vendor relationships throughout project duration and beyond to enhance prospect of future projects.
- Resolve technical and contractual problems and disputes on each project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related area
- Minimum of eight years’ construction-project management experience, preferably with majority of time spent on commercial, multifamily residential, or industrial buildings
- Minimum of five years’ business experience requiring knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and cost allocation procedures
- Design-build and jobsite experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of major aspects of designing and building projects
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to work efficiently and independently
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and customer relations skills
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B).
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.