The Opus Group harnessed their extensive residential expertise to bring a luxury apartment development with condo-style amenities to the growing community of Lisle, Ill., outside of Chicago.
Located near the Corporate Corridor, Avant at the Arboretum
provides residents with a luxury apartment living option with convenient access to work places and popular downtown locations.
Innovative Concept Cracks Stringent Building Codes Creatively
While the community welcomed the new four-story development, local building codes and amendments to the International Building Code brought a challenge to standard building practices as traditional wood frame structures were prohibited in the municipality.
Rising to the task, Opus collaborated with project owners, subcontractors and consultants to devise an innovative new structural system
using a combination of materials not typically used together (precast concrete, wood trusses and metal studs) for the project.
This creative solution not only saved time and costs but also improved functionality over other structural systems allowed in the municipality.
Additional upscale community amenities of the 310-unit complex include:
- a parking garage with more than 500 stalls;
- outdoor gas grills and BBQ area;
- a stone fire pit;
- a resort-style outdoor heated swimming pool;
- a lounge with televisions, game table and a full-service kitchen;
- a clubhouse with a sunroom offering a unique view of the courtyard;
- a private screening room with 106-inch projector screen;
- a business center and conference room;
- complimentary Wi-Fi included throughout community areas;
- a comprehensive fitness center with cardio equipment and weights;
- secure bike storage and
- a pet-friendly environment.
With apartment features including in-unit washer and dryer, stainless steel appliances, private balconies and granite countertops, residents enjoy top-of-the-line finishes and amenities in a growing community and desirable location.