The Opus Foundation (Foundation), the charitable foundation for The Opus Group (Opus), announced today that
Creative Visions Human Development Institute has been named the
Gerry Rauenhorst Building Community Award winner and has been awarded a $67,000 grant.
Creative Visions provides resources to individuals who want to make a positive change in their life with programing guiding them toward sustainability and self-sufficiency through education, entrepreneurship and economic empowerment.
As their vision states, Creative Visions' breaks “the chain of poverty and hopelessness within vulnerable communities, by empowering the individuals from within them, to become prosperous and productive citizens, who contribute to and shape prosperous and productive communities."
Since their founding in 1996, they've helped thousands build stronger lives, families and communities.
To honor our founder's legacy of giving, we launched the Gerry Rauenhorst Building Community Award in 2015 along with the Opus Foundation®. Fueled by unwavering optimism, Gerry demonstrated an entrepreneurial spirit, creativity and a commitment to finding a better way to build a business, community and value-centered life. With an enduring belief that business has a responsibility to strengthen society, Gerry ensured giving back was a cornerstone of our organization.
In addition to the Building Community Award, from January through June, the Opus Foundation has awarded grants totaling $60,000 to seven Iowa nonprofits. Grant recipients included:
- Beyond Ball (Urbandale) – $5,000 for a tutoring program
- Food Bank of Iowa (Des Moines) – $5,000 for COVID-19 Emergency Response
- Freedom for Youth Ministries (Des Moines) – $5,000 for COVID-19 Emergency Response
- Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity – $5,000 for recognition of Opus associate volunteer efforts for Founder's Day
- Meals from the Heartland (West Des Moines) – $5,000 for COVID-19 Emergency Response
- Project IOWA (Des Moines) – $30,000 for COVID-19 Emergency Response
- Youth Emergency Services & Shelter (YESS) (Des Moines) – $5,000 for COVID-19 Emergency Response