The Opus Group seeks an experienced Director of Real Estate Development to join our Twin Cities real estate team.
We’re changing the way people live and work by developing, designing, and constructing high-quality, state-of-the-art buildings, delivering on clients’ visions, and we can only do this with great people. Our culture and work environment allow our talented associates to grow and thrive. We are fast paced and focus on challenging work assignments, professional development and mentoring to ensure our team members continue to learn and grow.
Team members receive a comprehensive suite of benefits. Not only are we building significant, truly integrated design-build projects, but our teams also contribute to the community with the Opus Foundation® and support the environment with our sustainability initiatives. We also realize that you have a life outside of work – balance is important. We work hard but also have fun!
Working out of our headquarters in Minnetonka, and with a focus on Healthcare, the Director, Real Estate Development is responsible for directing and coordinating the sourcing of opportunities and execution of strategies relative to the acquisition, development, leasing and marketing of healthcare related projects pursued by the Company. While the primary focus will be in the upper Midwest markets, this individual will coordinate healthcare pursuit activities throughout all Opus regions.
- Assist with the creation of local and national healthcare real estate development and business strategy. Leverage industry contacts and knowledge of healthcare trends to identify future opportunity areas.
- Business Development – create and maintain a network of healthcare related contacts, business partners, and potential referral sources. Lead the relationship management with defined business partners. Work closely with the Opus Design Build healthcare project managers to clearly define customer needs and requirements. Oversee the development of appropriate RFP responses. Proactively seek and contact potential tenants, build-to-suit clients, and other end-users.
- Direct and coordinate the selection, negotiation, and purchasing of land in accordance with company policy and municipal or governmental regulations.
- Perform appropriate market, site feasibility, and end use analyses, and select sites on the basis of potential profit to company and suitability to business goals.
- Coordinate due diligence and financial pro-forma modeling and analysis collaborating with team members.
- Analyze financing structures and negotiate sale contracts.
- Obtain necessary municipal use permits and approvals.
- Work with and negotiate with brokers, clients, communities and other stakeholders to create the right product for the market while providing financial solutions that generate successful results and maximize profitability
- Coordinate and monitor design, project management and construction activities, including project schedules and budgets, and regularly visit project site.
- Provide input relative to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of Company healthcare marketing strategy and materials consistent with established standards. Assist with design of specific materials for new developments, including signage, brochures, ads, and fliers.
- Direct and coordinate analysis, deal structuring and packaging of build-to-suit proposals and responses to Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
- Maintain current market knowledge through assembly and analyses of market data and anticipate future trends likely to impact the organization.
- Develop and nurture internal and external customer relationships through effective, timely and professional communication.
- Participate in professional healthcare, real estate, development, and related organizations as appropriate.
- May supervise and/or provide work direction to other Real Estate team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management or related field; or equivalent, relevant experience and knowledge
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in real estate development, finance, or brokerage business, or similar, with deep experience in healthcare real estate development
- Licensing as real estate salesperson/broker preferred
- Understanding of healthcare systems, lending institutions, design-build construction industry, and brokerage community and how these groups relate to one another
- Solid knowledge of statistics and financial analysis techniques as they apply to real estate projects, and strong working knowledge of financial transaction structures in lease, sale, and investment packaging
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiating and marketing skills
- Should have personal qualities of persistence, diplomacy, and organization
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.