The Opus Group seeks an energized, multifaceted Architectural Design Intern to join our team of creative professionals.
We’re changing the way people live and work by developing, designing, and constructing high-quality, state-of-the-art buildings, delivering on clients’ visions, and we can only do this with great people. Our culture and work environment allow our talented associates to grow and thrive. We are fast paced and focus on challenging work assignments, professional development and mentoring to ensure our team members continue to learn and grow.
Team members receive a comprehensive suite of benefits. Not only are we building significant, truly integrated design-build projects, but our teams also contribute to the community with the Opus Foundation® and support the environment with our sustainability initiatives. We also realize that you have a life outside of work – balance is important. We work hard but also have fun!
Working out of our headquarters in Minnetonka, MN, the Architectural Design Intern will work on a wide variety of project types and will be responsible for providing drafting and graphics support, assisting the design team in developing design concepts, and assembling and coordinating deliverables in order to meet deadlines in a fast paced, collaborative environment. The preferred candidate will have strong design, graphics and software skills including SketchUp, Photoshop, Revit and AutoCad.
- Provide drafting support through CAD and/or Revit
- Provide visual presentation and graphics support using SketchUp, Photoshop and other software
- Support manager and design team in the developing, drafting and modeling of design concepts
- Assist in the preparation, assembling and distribution of electronic and hard copy deliverables
- Manage multiple concurrent tasks and meet project deadlines
- Gain an understanding of project types, building systems, codes and construction methods
- Participate in continuing education opportunities and undertake job related research, as directed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related area (or comparable knowledge gained in an academic setting)
- 1+ years of relevant experience with commerical design-build experience preferred (not required)
- Very strong Sketchup, Revit and Photoshop skills
- Vray for Sketchup experience preferred
- Superior communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skill
- Understanding of sustainable building design concepts
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.