The Opus Group seeks an experienced Software Developer to join our Information Technology team.
We’re changing the way people live and work by developing, designing, and constructing high-quality, state-of-the-art buildings, delivering on clients’ visions, and we can only do this with great people. Our culture and work environment allow our talented associates to grow and thrive. We are fast paced and focus on challenging work assignments, professional development and mentoring to ensure our team members continue to learn and grow.
Team members receive a comprehensive suite of benefits. Not only are we building significant, truly integrated design-build projects, but our teams also contribute to the community with the Opus Foundation® and support the environment with our sustainability initiatives. We also realize that you have a life outside of work – balance is important. We work hard but also have fun!
Working out of our headquarters in Minnetonka, MN, the Software Developer will be responsible for developing custom software solutions, extending existing software, creating integrations, and providing support for custom applications.
- Design and develop software/systems consistent with other Opus applications and following industry best practices.
- Gather, analyze, and document business requirements related to application development.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements and ultimately into solutions that meet the business needs.
- Develop, test, deploy, and troubleshoot applications.
- Document all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with internal customers, vendors, and fellow IT staff
Support and maintenance
- Support existing software by answering questions, troubleshooting, and performing routine maintenance.
- Analyze existing applications and business processes to suggest improvements.
- Work with stakeholders to gather feedback and requirements for improvements.
- Maintain and support databases related to the Opus web-based systems.
- Troubleshoot occasional issues outside the realm of day-to-day responsibilities and suggest solutions.
- Train end users and cross-train technical staff on custom software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Proven software design and business analysis skills
- 4+ years of experience developing software with Client-side technologies and C#, particularly web-based software with ASP.NET MVC/Web API.
- Experience using Visual Studio and source control systems (Git and/or TFS)
- Experience designing relational databases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and customer orientation
- Experience and passion for collaboration, particularly with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of project management fundamentals
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
Other Useful Skills/Technologies
- Front-end design capabilities
- Experience with test-driven development
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- ASP.NET Web Forms
- LESS or Sass/SCSS
- Experience designing and optimizing databases in MS SQL Server
- Unit Testing Tools
- Telerik DevCraft and Kendo UI Suite
- BI and Reporting Experience (data modelling/ETL/reporting tools)
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.