The Opus Group seeks an energized, multifaceted Design Architect to join our team of creative professionals.
We’re changing the way people live and work by developing, designing, and constructing high-quality, state-of-the-art buildings, delivering on clients’ visions, and we can only do this with great people. Our culture and work environment allow our talented associates to grow and thrive. We are fast paced and focus on challenging work assignments, professional development and mentoring to ensure our team members continue to learn and grow.
Team members receive a comprehensive suite of benefits. Not only are we building significant, truly integrated design-build projects, but our teams also contribute to the community with the Opus Foundation® and support the environment with our sustainability initiatives. We also realize that you have a life outside of work – balance is important. We work hard but also have fun!
Working out of our headquarters in Minnetonka, MN, the Design Architect will work on a wide variety of project types and will be responsible for for developing design concepts for assigned projects with a high degree of complexity, and completing or participating in the completion of conceptual design and schematic design documents.
- Lead / participate as critical project team member in the development of design alternatives and documentation
- Generate CAD and colored presentation graphics
- Engage in pursuit work in the form of feasibility studies, proof of concept, schematic level design, and collaborative problem solving
- Work with clients, consultants and other professionals to advance the design concepts and gain appropriate approvals
- Collaborate with Opus or other design partners to execute projects through an integrated design-build process
- Coordinate / collaborate with project consultants including: civil engineering, landscape architecture, structural engineering, mechanical engineering, etc.
- Sketch-up, Photoshop, Revit, AutoCAD experience required
- 4-8 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture required
- Master’s Degree and Architectural Registration preferred
- LEED Accreditation a plus
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills and comfort level with a fast-paced environment
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.