Opus Gives Murray Herrick Hall a Facelift

For more than 50 years, Murray Herrick Hall served as the student center for the University of St. Thomas campus. The original Murray Hall was built in 1959 and remodeled and expanded by Opus in 1988, taking on the new Murray Herrick Campus Center name.

When Anderson Student Center opened in January 2012, the university again turned to Opus to renovate Murray Herrick by focusing on converting the building into a student service center and adding more classrooms to the campus.

The renovation of Murray Herrick Hall allowed various departments to move out of outdated and undersized spaces. The renovation also allowed for 10 new classrooms that were outfitted with the latest audio-visual systems.

The renovations were completed while preserving the campus Collegiate Gothic architectural design, featuring the Mankato Kasota limestone seen throughout the St. Thomas campus.